You can also hide apps depending upon the user interface or launcher, but like this, you are still occupying space. The only way to get rid of the unwanted app is to root, but do not un-install something which is crucial, or else your handset shall not work properly.
Your steps are correct and I would add to the end of the list to remove the rooting as well. If yes where can I find the guides to perform all of the above mentioned steps. Your Samsung device is now running the Stock ROM with all of the company apps and features that came when you first purchased your device. When you turn ON your device, you should see the brand new ROM that you just installed on your device. Navigate to your desktop where you have saved the Stock ROM, and double-click on it to select for flashing. When it reboots, turn it off and boot it into fastboot by holding down Volume Down and Power.
- To avoid such a situation, you must first backup your Android ROM.
- To take a full backup of your device in order to restore it later, you will be required to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Now you do not need to suffer from cluttered app drawers and reduced memory space occupied by pre-installed carrier and manufacturer apps.
- In order to backup your stock ROM, after you root your phone and before you install a custom ROM you will need to install « ROM Manager » (available in the Market).
- If you find yourself unable to see your backups in the restore list, some of the backup metadata may have gotten lost in translation.
Once turned off, you will need to press power key and volume up key until your phone vibrates. Doesn’t know how to do it, then follow our easy guide on how to boot Huawei phones into TWRP Recovery. This process will delete your text messages, contacts, settings, and just about everything else. The files on your device should remain, but it’s a good idea to back them up anyway.
- Besides that, you can check out OnePlus, stock ROM Motorola, Nothing, Realme, and Asus devices for good custom ROM support.
- But both can be considered full backups for their use cases.
- While Google’s AOSP is barebones, LineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability.
- It is critical to ensure that you back up your data in order to stay ahead of this.
- This powers on the device but boots no software, and allows you to access a bricked device via a USB connection to your PC.
Now you can take the full backup of Android ROMs using two popular methods. The first method uses TWRP Recovery; this tool is widely used to completely flash ROM, Zip files, and backup android ROM. Many users love to Root Android, flash Custom ROMs and do modifications with system files; this kind of process will wipe all your data. In that case, backing up your complete firmware is very important and recommended. If you have a backup of complete firmware, you can always restore if you ran into some problem. That said, using a Nandroid backup to return to stock is only a short-term option.